The Central and East European Society for Phenomenology (CEESP) is devoted to promoting the phenomenological movement and its heritage in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE). Its aims are to coordinate and to organize the Annual Conferences of the Society and other workshops, seminars, and events connected to phenomenology and related traditions. The Society furthers cooperation between scholars in CEE countries and beyond. Membership in the Society is free of charge [click here for the submission form].
Each CEE country can have three representatives in the Board of the Society (elected on a four-year term). Members of the Board elect the Executive Committee (President, Vice-President and Secretary) on a two-year cycle. The statute of the CEESP can be downloaded [here].
Annual Conferences consist of keynote lectures, research papers, thematic panels, round-tables, book sessions and discussions on topics pertaining to phenomenology and other related disciplines in philosophy. The Society will continue the conference series of the conferences on “Traditions and Perspectives of the Phenomenological Movement in Central and Eastern Europe”:
- “Horizons Beyond Borders”, 17-19 June 2015 (Budapest, Hungary)
- “Phenomenology and Practice”, 8-10 September 2016 (Gdansk, Poland)
- “Phenomenology and Aesthetics”, 29 June 2017 - 1 July 2017 (Riga, Latvia)
- “Phenomenology of Emotions”, 12-13 October 2018 (Kaunas, Lithuania)
- “Shifting Roles. The Manifold Identities of Phenomenology”, 26-28 September 2019 (Bucharest, Romania)
Athena. Filosofijos studijos 14
Phenomenological Reviews 5
Medicine, Health Care and Philosophy 22 (1)
Journal of the British Society for Phenomenology 50 (2)
in: Leib – Leiblichkeit – Embodiment